Thursday, July 1, 2010

end of Birthright

So the Birtheight trip is over and I cannot believe it! It more feels like this big chunk of time then ten seperate days. I have just said goodbye to most of the group that are headed back to the states. It was super sad, I really connected with a lot of them and I'm going to miss them. Me and five other kids from the group are staying in Israel. So ill chill with them for the weekend in jerusalum and tel aviv before heading to Greece on Monday.
So ill go ahead and tell you some of the things we've done in the last few days of the trip. We went to Tzfat which is my favorite city I have seen so far. There is so much artwork. I talked to some local artists and it was great. Kaballah is very big there and the artwork for it is so mindblowing. We went to a beach near Hypha and swam in the Mediterranean sea!
We went on a tour of the security fence and of Rachels Tomb. Saw the dead sea scrolls at the Israel museum. Then went to the like house of congress in Israel and got to have a conversation with Isreal Hasson. He is the opposition party leader and that was super interesting. We went to Ben Yahuda street at night which was crazy. We went to mount Hertzel cemetary. It was very moving there. We also went to an insane outdoor food mart in Jersalem.
I have done so much and seen so much in these past ten days. I love this country and feel such a connection to it. I will deffinitely be coming back soon. I feel there is so much more to see. Its funny how for most of the group their trip is over. But this is just the beginning for me. I'm looking forward to what comes ahead and I will check back in with you when I get to Greece.
Peace love and hummus

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe Birthright is over! What a spectacular trip you have had, especially the hummus! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Maybe next time you head back to Israel, I will join you! Love you lots, shalom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Can't believe how fast it went by. Have a nice relaxing weekend in Israel... an get ready for an amazing trip to EUROPE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEVER HEARD OF TZFAT BEFORE AND WILL GOOGLE IT TO FIND OUT MORE....SEE HOW YOU ARE EDUCATING US ALL OUT HERE!
    IT'S GOOD YOU ARE RELAXING FOR THE WEEKEND AFTER SUCH A CONCENTRATED 10 DAYS. ATHENS IS A BIG CITY BUT YOUR TIME ON THE ISLANDS WILL BE RELAXING MOSTLY, I THINK.
    HAVE YOU FIGURED OUT HOW TO CALL YOUR CONTACT IN GREECE YET? I THINK IT WILL BE 001 AND THEN THE COUNTRY CODE FOR GREECE WHICH IS 30, THEN HIS NUMBER. I HOPE THATS CORRECT USING YOUR AMERICAN NUMBERED PHONE! ON THE OTHER HAND YOUR PHONE MAY JUST RECOGNIZE THE COUNTRY IT IS IN AND YOU CAN JUST DIAL HIS NUMBER WITHOUT PREFIXES. LET ME KNOW!
    LOVE STEVE

    ReplyDelete