Monday, June 21, 2010

Last Morning in the States

I have had a great weekend with my sister in New York City! We had a picnic in Central Park on Saturday, and went to a delicious Middle Eastern restaurant with her friends that night. It prepared me for all the Hummus I'll be eating these next couple of weeks. Her friends are super nice and I had some great conversation.
Yesterday, Sunday, we hung out and ran some last minute errands for my trip. I feel I am prepared although my backpack just feels so heavy. I'll get used to it though.
Now I am at a coffee shop on the East Side while my sister is at an appointment. When she gets done, I will go meet her, and then we will head back to her apartment.
I am meeting my Birthright group at JFK around 3:00 and my flight takes of at 7:00. It will be the longest flight I have ever taken. I hope to get some sleep, but if I end up talking to people the whole time, that'll be fine too.
It's so strange that I have been thinking about this trip for so long and now it is finally the day! I can't wait to meet the other kids and start seeing the sights!
That's all for now, I will try to check it when I am in Israel.
Peace & Love
Shelby

2 comments:

  1. Safe flight.....next time we have contact you will be in Israel! Amazing...can't wait to hear about all the wonderful sights...Love...peace...beautiful moments....energy vibes...

    ReplyDelete