Friday, June 25, 2010

Israeli update numba two

Hello again loves. Yesterday we visited the Holocaust museum called Yad Vashem. It was also a beautiful drive getting there. Being my first experience at any kind of museum like that, I was very moved. It was a spectcular site that was built so wonderfully and respectfully. We then drove to the Bedouin tents. Bedouins are very interesting, I suggest you research them. There we learned about their customs, had amazing food, and hung around. I saw stars for the first time in so long! Its amazing seeing the same big dipper that I see back in the states. So we all camped in a big tent and then woke up at 4 in the morning! This was to go see the sunrise at mount Masada. It was spectacular! We learned about so much history up there. The ruins are over 2000 years old. Then had a great hike back down to a yummy breakfast at a kibbutz. Then we hiked to the waterfalls in Ein Bedi and swam in them for a bit. Then went to the Dead Sea! It was amazing to float in it! I also think that the salt water was great for my dreadlocks. It does burn your eys though (and some other body parts I need not mention). We also covered ourselves in this mud from the sea, when it hardens it is great for your skin. I feel super smoothe now. We had lunch and now we are on the bus headed to another Kibbutz where we'll be staying the night and celebrating shabbat. I am very much looking forward to it. The hospitality I have felt here is incredible! I am going to try and take a nap now as it seems I have been up for days. Peave n Love ya'll. :)

4 comments:

  1. Bedouin tents! That's what I was telling you about! Did you have a really fun dinner there on giant platters?? Also- love your comments on the dead sea! I love that you are experiencing the same things I did!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing to hear about all these incredible sights, especially the sunrise at Masada! And so happy to hear about your snakes in the salt water! Love feeling the wonderful energy...Love you so much..Shabbat Shalom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy every sight, sound and moment....so enjoying your wonderfully descriptive writing....peace be in your mind and soul throughout your adventures :-)
    Don

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelby, We enjoy hearing about your amazing adventure. Enjoy the people, the history, the scenery, and sights. Its a wonderful trip. Love uncle
    Erwin and Cindy

    ReplyDelete