Wednesday, June 23, 2010

first 2 days of Israel

Alright I suppose now is a good time to update since we have already done so much. Time is very confusing right now but I will try and do my best. The Birthright group and I arrived yesterday in Tel Aviv around noon. We were all very tired but powered through. I can't even explain how it felt to finally be here. It is so amazing. From the airport, we took a bus to the city of Jaffa. Amazing views overlooking the water and Tel Aviv. We then went to Independence Hall and learned much of the history of how Israel came to be. We walked around and then settled in at the hostel. Last night some of us sat on the roof having great conversation. I really feel a connection to everyone here. So today we woke up early had breakfast and then drove to Jerusalem. This was the most beautiful drive of my life. The land is amazing here and I really seem to feel the holyness of it. We spent the first part of the day in new Jerusalem and for lunch I had the most delicious falafel sandwhich! We then hiked over to old Jerusalem and toured there a bit. We went to the Western Wall which was just beyond incredible. So much has happened there and I could just feel an intense amount of this energy. I put a note into a crack of the wall. We then drove to a smaller towns community center. We volunteered there for a few hours working on the garden. Not sure what the rest of the night will entail. Big day again tomorrow though I know. I am just so appreciative of the fact that I am here and I wish more of my family could see some of the things I'm seeing. That's all for now I am so beat. Peace n Love

3 comments:

  1. and this is just the start of your trip! you ain't seen nothing yet, Shelbster! Don't forget to COWPOP every time you leave a room!
    got sunscreen?
    steve xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds wonderful so far....wow ...the Western Wall.....incredible...
    so great to hear about all the sights so far.....picturing it all thru your eyes...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELL YEAH this sounds so sick. keep having fun shelbs -nick koutoufidis

    ReplyDelete